The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457), popularly referred to as the “457 visa” is the most common long duration temporary work visa for Australia.
You can apply for the 457 visa if you are sponsored by a company to work in Australia.
Here is an overview of what the 457 visa allows you (and your family – partner and children) to do in Australia:
- Live in Australia for a period of up to 4 years
- Work for the sponsoring company for up to 4 years
- Travel in and out of Australia repeatedly for a period of up to 4 years
- Study in Australia for the period of the visa validity
- You (and your family) must have your own private health insurance for your stay in Australia
While it sounds straightforward, the 457 visa comes with its strict requirements and obligations on both the sponsoring business and the sponsored 457 visa applicant.
The 457 visa also allows you to apply for an ENS Subclass 186 permanent visa under the Transition stream.
To learn more about the 457 visa click on the the following links:
Do you need help?
Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.