The Temporary Work Subclass 457 Visa

The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457), popularly referred to as the “457 visa” was one of the most common long duration temporary work visa for Australia.

On 18 March 2018 the 457 Visa was replaced the TSS subclass 482 Visa. This means that the 457 Visa will no longer be granted. While applications for the 457 Visa are no longer being accepted, applications that were filed before 18 March 2018 will still be processed.

For more information on the new TSS 482 visa click here.

If you are currently a 457 Visa holder, you are able to complete the duration of your stay and will not be affected.

Do you need help with a Sponsorship or TSS visa application?

At Work Visa Lawyers we are experienced in assisting applicants in all matters relating to Australian visa applications.

  • If you are a holder of a 457 visa or intend to apply under the new rules, we can assist you.
  • We assist businesses of all sizes that are looking to sponsor and nominate a visa applicant.
  • Advise businesses how to meet the Department Training and Labour Market Testing requirements.
  • We advise visa applicants on their eligibility to make the 482 visa application or who are transitioning from a 457 or 482 to permanent migration.
  • We assist permanent migration for eligible 457 visa holders through the ENS to RSMS visa pathway.
  • Advise visa holders with responses to the Department meeting the 8607.
  • Advise visa holders with responses to ‘Notices of Intention to Cancel’.
  • Advise Employers of their ongoing sponsorship obligations.

Our team of passionate Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.

Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.

Sign up to our Migration Newsletter

Copyright © 2021  MARA Code of Conduct   Privacy Policy   Disclaimer  Site Map

Contact us on +61 429 015 180

Office: 230 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville, SA 5031, Australia

Post: PO Box 3057, Hilton Plaza, South Australia, 5033, Australia

ABN: 75 889 635 782

This site's contents are for general information purposes only
We recommend you seek advice from a Registered Migration Agent and Lawyer
(such as Work Visa Lawyers) in relation to your factual situation and relevant migration laws

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Site by Adelaide Websites