Who needs this visa?
The Prospective Marriage visa is for overseas applicants who wish to enter Australia and marry an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. You will need to be sponsored by your fiancé in Australia.
This visa is not suitable for same-sex couples. If you are in a same-sex relationship you should apply for the Partner visa based on de facto relationship grounds.
The visa is valid for 9 months.
What are the requirements to apply for this visa?
You must meet the following requirements when you apply for the Prospective Marriage visa:
- proof of intention to marry within 9 months
- proof your sponsor/fiancé is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- proof that you have met your sponsor in person and you know them personally
- you are at least 18 years old and meet health and character requirements
You should be outside of Australia when you submit the visa and when the visa is granted.
What is the application process?
- Consult with Work Visa Lawyers to determine if the Prospective Marriage visa is appropriate for your situation
- Gather and compile your documents and information for the application
- Submit the application and supporting documents online using an ImmiAccount. You may also submit an application by post
How can Work Visa Lawyers help?
Couples who are planning to get married may have a lot of thoughts on their mind. Work Visa Lawyers understands the circumstances and aim to take care of the visa application process as much as possible. Leave the Australian visa application to Work Visa Lawyers while you plan one of the most important days in your life.
Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.