As part of the nomination requirements, the nominated position needs to be assessed as genuine.
There are many occasions where an occupation can be assessed to be non-genuine, for example:
- The position is for a nominee who is related to the business owner or sponsor
- The position is for a Chef or Restaurant Manager where the business is a fast-food restaurant
- The position nominated is not relevant to the nature of business or industry, for e.g. nominating an accounting position for a small plumbing business
- Employee must have duties consistent with the skill level listed on ANZSCO
- The position must be consistent with nature of business
- The position must not be created for the sole purpose of benefiting the employee
There are many other circumstances which may give rise to doubts on whether the nominated position is genuine or otherwise.
If you need advice about the position you are nominating for your TSS 482 visa application, contact Work Visa Lawyers to speak with our Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents.