TSS 482 Visa Process – Introduction to three stages
Employers can sponsor overseas workers to work in Australia on a temporary basis.
Employers must become approved business sponsors to enable them to sponsor overseas workers.
TSS 482 Visa Requirements – Three stage Process
Stage 1: Business Sponsorship Application
There are a number of requirements that must be met for an employer business to become an approved business sponsor for subclass 482 visas.
The TSS 482 Business Sponsorship criteria include:
- The business must be lawfully operating in Australia
- The business must be able to make the necessary payments to the Skilling Australia Fund (SAF)
- That there is no adverse information known to the department about the applicant for approval to become a sponsor
There are a number of 482 Business Sponsorship obligations.
Stage 2: Nomination Application
The employer must nominate a position to be filled by a worker from outside of Australia.
The nomination criteria are about the requirements for the position to be approve by the Immigration Department.
The 482 Nomination criteria include that the employer must:
- Be the direct employer – with limited exceptions such as for general medical practitioners
- Offer a suitably skilled position that is on the 482 list.
- Pay a salary that is above the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) and also at Australian Market Salary
- Do Labour Market Testing (LMT) unless exemptions apply
Stage 3: Visa Application
The visa applicant must have the skills, qualifications and experience required to fulfil the Nominated position.
Depending on the level of the occupation, the visa applicant must meet the 482 English language requirements.
We are able to advise applicants on whether they meet the eligibility requirements for a subclass 482 visa application. We prepare and lodge applications for 482 visa applicants.
We can advise employers and individuals about the requirements for a successful TSS 482 visa application.
Do you need help?
Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.