Global Talent Independent (GTI) Program
It uses the existing Distinguished Talent subclass 124 and subclass 858 visas. Please be aware, sucblass 124 is removed from 14 November 2020. The application may be applied for and granted regardless of applicants’ location.
Learn more about the various Global Talent programs by clicking here.
Target sectors for Global Talent Independent GTI visa
The Department of Home Affairs have identified their 7 target sectors for the Global Talent Independent GTI visa program as being:
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
The Department has indicated that they may accept expressions of interest from highly skilled individuals outside of the 7 target sectors, but these candidates are less likely to be successful.
What are the requirements?
Age requirement for GTI visa
There is no age requirement for the Global Talent Independent GTI visa program. However, if you are under 18 or over 55 years of age, you must show that you would provide an exceptional benefit to Australia.
English requirement for GTI visa
Applicants over 18 years old must show that they have at least functional English.
Each applicant who cannot show this will be required to pay a secondary visa application charge. This charge is currently around $5,000 per applicant.
Salary requirement for the GTI visa
Applicants must show that they are likely to earn or have the "ability to attract" at least $153,600 in Australia. We can help you demonstrate this requirement.
Australian nominator requirement for the GTI visa
Applicants must have an Australian person or organisation who will nominate them for the program. The nominator must have a national reputation in the same field as the applicant and attest to the applicant's skills.
Application process for GTI visa
To apply under the GTI program, applicants must go through two stages:
- Expression of Interest
- Visa application
An expression of interest must be submitted online via the Department of Home Affairs webform.
If you are successful with this first stage, you will be provided with a unique GTI identifier and invited to submit a visa application.
Once this happens, you can then proceed to lodge a subclass 858 visa (No matter you are offshore or onshore). The Department of Home Affairs has recently set the Immi Account system up so that these applications can now be lodged via Immi Account.
Further Information about the Global Talent Independent Visa!
You can some further information about the Global Talent Independent (GTI) visa at the following links:
- Global Talent Visa Update: Processing Times, ACS Nominations & Hong Kong
- Common Occupations for the Global Talent Independent Visa (GTI)
- Nominator for Global Talent Visa Applicants in ICT & Cyber Security - Australian Computer Society
- Fast Track to Australian PR Now - Global Talent Independent Visa
- Why the Australian Global Talent Independent Visa is so hot right now!
- Immigration Minister Hints at Big Focus on the Global Talent Independent Visa Post-Coronavirus
- 3 New Visas for Innovation: The Global Talent Visa Program now includes priority processing for permanent Visas
- Global Talent Independent Visa August 2020 Update - Processing Times, Higher Salary and more!
- Global Talent Independent Visa - Fast Track to Australian PR Now! GTI for Tech and IT sectors!
- Latest Australian Immigration News - August 2020 (Global Talent Visa section)
How can Work Visa Lawyers help?
Work Visa Lawyers is highly experienced in all parts of the Global Talent visa application process. We are able to assist with all aspects of the application, and can also provide advice in relation to:
- your eligibility for a Global Talent Independent visa
documents to demonstrate your skills and ability to attract salary
finding an Australian nominator
Work Visa Lawyers will provide an eligibility assessment before advising you to proceed with a visa application.
Our team of experienced Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.
Book an appointment with one of our experienced Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents here.