Who needs this visa?
This visa is for international student who have recently graduated and have completed a degree, diploma or a trade qualification. Your qualification or skills should be relevant to specific ccupations that Australia needs.
What does this visa allow you to do?
This is a temporary visa that allows holders to live, study or work in Australia.
What are the application requirements?
- Be under 50 years of age
- Have a nominated occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- Obtained a positive skills assessment
- Have English scores equivalent to IELTS 6.0 overall and minimum of 5.0 in each module, except if you are passport holder of UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or Republic of Ireland
- Completed your course as a result of at least 92 weeks of study
- completed your course in no less than 16 calendar months
- It has been no more than 6 months since you completed your course with an exception of 12 months for people who were outside Australia from 1 February 2020 to 19 September 2020 and were unable to apply.
What is the application process?
- Check eligibility
- Obtain positive skills assessment and required English test results
- Submit visa application including all supporting documents
Please do note that this is a simplified overview of the steps involved. Preparing and providing the right documents and information as required is an important factor in ensuring your application is processed smoothly.
How long is this visa for?
Usually, this visa is granted for 18 months with an exception to Hong Kong passport holder, who may stay for 5 years.
How can Work Visa Lawyers help?
Work Visa Lawyers is highly experienced in Skilled Graduate Subclass 485 visas application process. We are able to assist with all aspects of the application, and can also advise on complications in relation to:
- skills assessments
- nominating the appropriate ANZSCO code
- upcoming deadlines which may affect your eligibility, such as age or expiring documents. We prepare your application efficiently to enable your visa application to be submitted as quickly as possible
Work Visa Lawyers will provide an eligibility assessment before advising you to proceed with a visa application.
Our team of experienced Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.
Book an appointment with one of our experienced Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents here.