Stage 2: Nomination Application
There are a number of position related criteria to be fulfilled by the business to be successful with the nomination.
The 457 nomination requirements include:
- The position must be an occupation on the 457 List which is called the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List. (insert link to the list)
- Meeting the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT)
This is the minimum annual salary you must pay for the sponsored 457 visa worker. The TSMIT is currently A$53,900.
You need to note that if the average market salary for the position is lower than the TSMIT, you cannot simply overpay an overseas worker to enable sponsorship under the 457 visa programme.
- Fulfil the Labour Market Testing (LMT) requirements (insert a link)
This requires the business to test local labour markets to demonstrate effort to recruit local workers before deciding to sponsor an overseas worker for the required position.
- Market Salary at Australian Standards
- This involved providing Employment Terms that are equivalent to terms offered to an Australian employee
- The sponsored worker must work directly for the business
- The work and position must be genuinely available and relevant to the operations of the business
The requirements are complex and may vary according to different industries. Please contact Work Visa Lawyers if you need a more detailed explanation that is relevant for your business or industry.
Do you need help?
Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.