It is critical that the 457 visa holder and business sponsor adhere to the obligations and conditions of the 457 visa when it is approved. Failure to meet the conditions will result in visa cancellations and/or removal of sponsorship status for the business.
457 business sponsor obligations
To prevent exploitation of overseas workers and to ensure skill shortages are genuinely met the sponsor will need to do the following:
- Cooperate with the Department for checks on compliance
- Ensure employment conditions are fair
- Keep and maintain records of employment for the 457 visa holder
- Ensure that the sponsored 457 visa worker does not perform duties other than what is required for the nominated occupation
- Do not obtain payment from the sponsored worker for the costs of the 457 visa application
- Continue to meet the Training Benchmark requirements
- Pay the travel costs for the sponsored worker to leave Australia when the visa validity expire
Do you need help?
Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.