Who is this visa for?

Previously the 188B, the Investor visa is suitable for Applicants who are experienced business persons or investors who intend to invest in Australia.

What are the application criteria for this visa?

Applicants are required to meet the points test requirement of at least 65 points.

You will also need to apply for a state/territory nomination depending on where you wish to live and establish your business in Australia.

Specific criteria for the Investor Stream include:

  • your age is below 55 years, unless a state or territory has provided a waiver because your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit
  • you have at least three years’ experience in directly managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments
  • the eligible investments under you and your partner’s name is value at AUD 2.5 million or more
  • in the last two years immediately before you apply, you and/or your partner have net assets of at least AUD 2.25 million, which will be available for transfer within two years of the visa being granted
  • the applicant must make at least an investment of at least AUD 2.5 million into a Complying Investment Framework (CIF).

From 1 July 2021, the CIF ratios that will apply for the Investor Stream visa are:

  • 20 per cent Venture Capital and Private Equity funds (VCPE)
  • 30 per cent funds investing in emerging companies in approved managed funds
  • 50 per cent in balancing investments.

The funds will be required to an annual independent audit reports to show compliance with the CIF. The use of Fund of Funds, debentures and derivatives will be clarified in the CIF.

Different states and territories may have additional criteria. You will need to check with the relevant state/territory for the additional criteria.

What is the application process?

  1. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) on SkillSelect
  2. Apply for state/territory nomination depending on where you plan to establish your business and live in Australia
  3. Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) once the state/territory nomination is approved
  4. Submit your visa application within 60 days of receiving the ITA
  5. Provide all supporting documents by mailing certified copies to the correct DIBP office
  6. Before your visa is granted you will be provided instructions to make the designated investment, i.e. the investment of at least AUD 2.5 million into a Complying Investment Framework (CIF).
  7. Your visa will be granted once the investment is verified by DIBP

How can Work Visa Lawyers help?

Work Visa Lawyers will be able to assist with the EOI submission, state/territory nomination application and visa application. Our Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents will check and prepare the documents required on your behalf and ensure the large amount of information and documents are presented effectively to the visa assessment officer. Knowing what the DIBP officer is looking for allows us to prepare your application in a better format.

Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.

Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.

Contact Work Visa Lawyers today to find out if the Investor stream is suitable for you!

Sign up to our Migration Newsletter

Copyright © 2021  MARA Code of Conduct   Privacy Policy   Disclaimer  Site Map

Contact us on +61 8 8234 6641 or +61 429 015 180

Office: 230 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville, SA 5031, Australia

Post: PO Box 3057, Hilton Plaza, South Australia, 5033, Australia

ABN: 75 889 635 782

This site's contents are for general information purposes only
We recommend you seek advice from a Registered Migration Agent and Lawyer
(such as Work Visa Lawyers) in relation to your factual situation and relevant migration laws

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Site by Adelaide Websites