Subclass 188 Business Innovation and Investment visa – Investor Stream
What are the application criteria for this visa?
Applicants are required to meet the points test requirement of at least 65 points.
You will also need to apply for a state/territory nomination depending on where you wish to live and establish your business in Australia.
Specific criteria for the Investor Stream include:
- your age is below 55 years, unless a state or territory has provided a waiver because your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit
- you have at least three years’ experience in directly managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments
- for at least one out of the last five years immediately before you apply you have met one of the following:
- directly managed a qualifying business in which you and/or your partner had a least 10 per cent ownership; or
- the eligible investments under you and your partner’s name is value at AUD 1.5 million or more
- in the last two years immediately before you apply you and/or your partner have net assets of at least AUD 2.25 million, which will be available for transfer within two years of the visa being granted
- make a designated investment of at least AUD 1.5 million in state/territory bonds before the visa is granted, and hold the investment for at least four years
Different states and territories may have additional criteria. You will need to check with the relevant state/territory for the additional criteria.
What is the application process?
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) on SkillSelect
- Apply for state/territory nomination depending on where you plan to establish your business and live in Australia
- Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) once the state/territory nomination is approved
- Submit your visa application within 60 days of receiving the ITA
- Provide all supporting documents by mailing certified copies to the correct DIBP office
- Before your visa is granted you will be provided instructions to make the designated investment, i.e. the state/territory treasury bonds by transferring AUD 1.5 million
- Your visa will be granted once the investment is verified by DIBP
How can Work Visa Lawyers help?
Work Visa Lawyers will be able to assist with the EOI submission, state/territory nomination application and visa application. Our Registered Migration Agents will check and prepare the documents required on your behalf and ensure the large amount of information and documents are presented effectively to the visa assessment officer. Knowing what the DIBP officer is looking for allows us to prepare your application in a better format.
Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.
Contact Work Visa Lawyers today to find out if the Investor stream is suitable for you!