This page is regularly updated. The last update was on February 2, 2024
Investor Visa 188 Australia - Happy Life In Australia
Australia is always the top desitnation for family to enjoy the quality of living standard, education and outdoor activities. Work Visa Lawyers has professional Immigration Lawyers and Agents to deal with your Visa matters. We also have trusted financial advisory partners who are eligible to manage your investment portfolio in Australia.
We understand it could be time-consuming to know if the Investor Visa 188 is for you or not.
For a quick assessment of your best Australian Business Visa options, please visit our FREE assessment tool: Business Visa Compare
Who is Investor Visa 188B Australia for?
The IV 188B is a part of the Business Innovation and Investment Program Visa 188 and possibly the most affordable for investors and business owners around the world.
The Investor visa 188B is suitable for applicants who are experienced business persons or high assets investors who intend to invest in Australia.
The very basic requirement for the investor stream Australia to get PR in Australia is to invest in $2.5 Million Australian Dollars in Complying Investment Framework being designated by Australian Government.
Moreover, Business experience and age limit will also be applied for Investor Stream in Australia. Unlike Investment Visa 188B, Significant Investor Stream 188C Visa has much easier requirement and the processing time is much faster.
What are the application criteria for this visa?
Applicants are required to meet the points test requirement of at least 65 points.
You will also need to apply for a state/territory nomination depending on where you wish to live and establish your business in Australia.
Specific criteria for the Investor Stream include:
- your age is below 55 years, unless a state or territory has provided a waiver because your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit. For Investor Visa South Australia 188B, there is a waiver for applicants who are over 55 years of age and requires a 50% higher investment fund.
- you have at least 3 years’ experience in directly managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments
- the eligible investments under you and your partner’s name is value at AUD 2.5 million or more
- in the last two years immediately before you apply, you and/or your partner have net assets of at least AUD 2.25 million, which will be available for transfer within two years of the visa being granted
- the applicant must make at least an investment of at least AUD 2.5 million into a Complying Investment Framework (CIF).
From 1 July 2021, the CIF ratios that will apply for the Investor Stream visa are:
- 20 per cent Venture Capital and Private Equity funds (VCPE)
- 30 per cent funds investing in emerging companies in approved managed funds
- 50 per cent in balancing investments.
The funds will be required to an annual independent audit reports to show compliance with the CIF. The use of Fund of Funds, debentures and derivatives will be clarified in the CIF.
Different states and territories may have additional criteria. You will need to check with the relevant state/territory for the additional criteria.
What is the application process?
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) on SkillSelect
- Apply for state/territory nomination depending on where you plan to establish your business and live in Australia
- Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) once the state/territory nomination is approved
- Submit your visa application within 60 days of receiving the ITA
- Provide all supporting documents by mailing certified copies to the correct DIBP office
- Before your visa is granted you will be provided instructions to make the designated investment, i.e. the investment of at least AUD 2.5 million into a Complying Investment Framework (CIF).
- Your visa will be granted once the investment is verified by DIBP
While the 188 Visa is temporary, holders of the 188 visa can apply for permanent residency through the Subclass 888 Business Innovation and Investment Visa. Click here to learn more about the 888 Visa.
Who are Work Visa Lawyers and What Business Visa services are available?
Understanding the difficulties in choosing the best Australian Business Visa options, Business Visa Agents and Lawyers team has decided to create this quick tool to find your best Business Visa options in Australia.
Work Visa Lawyers has strong immigration knowledge and committed to keep updating our website and Business Innovation and Investment news in Australia.
Work Visa Lawyers ® is a migration firm founded by Lawyer Chris Johnston in 2011. Our team is focused on providing quality immigration services to our clients, wherever they are in the world. We speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi, Hindi, Tagalog (Filipino), Portuguese and Vietnamese.
We can help you with the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) for the following four streams and Global Talent Visa:
- 188A visa - Business Innovation stream
- 188B visa - Investor stream
- 188C visa - Significant Investor stream SIV
- 188E visa - Entrepreneur stream
- 858 Visa – Global Talent Visa
We are experts in Business and Investor Visas 188 and Global Talent Visa 858 in Australia. We help overseas business owners, investors to create a new life in Australia with their family much faster through those visa streams.
How can Work Visa Lawyers help?
Work Visa Lawyers will be able to assist with the EOI submission, state/territory nomination application and visa application. Our Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents will check and prepare the documents required on your behalf and ensure the large amount of information and documents are presented effectively to the visa assessment officer. Knowing what the DIBP officer is looking for allows us to prepare your application in a better format.
Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.
Contact Work Visa Lawyers today to find out if the Investor stream is suitable for you!