From our experience, a wide range of businesses need to hire IT (ICT) professionals under the 457 visa program. These business sponsors may not be IT (ICT) businesses but they require IT (ICT) professionals for the business operations.

For instance, some Sponsors of overseas ICT professionals include:

  • Engineering companies
  • Government Departments
  • Online retail companies

While we understand that one of the biggest challenges for employer sponsored migration (subclass 457, 186 and 187) applicants is being offered a suitable job, Work Visa Lawyers do not offer jobs or employers for sponsorship.

We recommend that you try a range of methods to seek sponsorship from a company, such as:

  • Using your existing contacts in Australia to locate opportunities
  • Online job sites – Seek, Careerone…
  • Social networking: Linkedin, Facebook…

We have a range of links which may be helpful:

You could also try the following:


We recommend AustJOBS to our clients as this is a place where employers and recruiters in Australia are now looking to find new employees for their business.

Online Job Sites, Recruitment Agencies and Job Coaching Workshops

You may be able to find some interesting job advertisements online. The biggest job advertisement platforms are:

There are so many recruitment agencies in Australia assisting Australian employers to find suitable professionals. It may be helpful that you register with at least 5 recruitment agencies and keep having a good relationship with them. 

Once you have found an Australian employer who wishes to sponsor you and offer you an eligible position, we are more than happy to assist with your visa application.

Sign up to our Migration Newsletter

Copyright © 2021  MARA Code of Conduct   Privacy Policy   Disclaimer  Site Map

Contact us on +61 8 8234 6641 or +61 429 015 180

Office: 230 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville, SA 5031, Australia

Post: PO Box 3057, Hilton Plaza, South Australia, 5033, Australia

ABN: 75 889 635 782

This site's contents are for general information purposes only
We recommend you seek advice from a Registered Migration Agent and Lawyer
(such as Work Visa Lawyers) in relation to your factual situation and relevant migration laws

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Site by Adelaide Websites