Who needs this visa?

The child visa is for Australian citizens or permanent residents who are sponsoring a child from overseas to come live in Australia. This is usually applicable to Australian permanent residents who have given birth to a child in their overseas home country.

The child visa applies to biological and adopted children, however the child must have been adopted before the parent became an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

What are the requirements to apply for the child visa?

The overseas child must be sponsored by the parent who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

The child who is applying should generally be younger than 18 years old. The exceptions to the age limit are as follows:

  • a full time student who is not in full time work – up to age 24
  • a child with a disability and is fully dependent on the sponsoring parent

Applicants for this visa should not be engaged, married or have a de facto partner.

You will also need to demonstrate that there are no legal impediments to the child moving to Australia and that the move will be in the best interests of the child.

What is the application process for the child visa?

You will need to gather all necessary documents and information for the application and send in the application through post or courier.

If you are applying for the Child visa (subclass 101) offshore, you will need to send the application to the nearest Australian visa processing office in your country.

If you are applying for the Child visa (subclass 802) in Australia, your application will need to be sent to the DIBP office in Perth.

How can Work Visa Lawyers help?

Reuniting a child with the parents is an important life event for a family. Our Registered Migration Agents and Lawyers understand the importance of such an event and strive to make the reunion as easy as possible. To ensure you find out all the necessary information before you apply please contact Work Visa Lawyers and arrange a personal consultation with our Registered Migration Agents and Lawyers.

Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.

Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.

Sign up to our Migration Newsletter

Our South Australia Immigration Lawyers

At Work Visa Lawyers we are experienced in assisting applicants in all matters relating to Australian visa applications. Our areas of expertise include Student Visas, Skilled Migration visas, Business visas, Employer-Sponsored visas, Partner, and other Family Migration visas, as well as Migration Review Tribunal, Judicial Review, and Ministerial Intervention. Based in Adelaide South Australia, our Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents provide migration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.

Copyright © 2021  MARA Code of Conduct   Privacy Policy   Disclaimer  Site Map

Contact us on (+61 8) 8351 9956

Office: 230 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville, SA 5031, Australia

Post: PO Box 3057, Hilton Plaza, South Australia, 5033, Australia

ABN: 75 889 635 782

This site's contents are for general information purposes only
We recommend you seek advice from a Registered Migration Agent and Lawyer
(such as Work Visa Lawyers) in relation to your factual situation and relevant migration laws

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Site by Adelaide Websites