Temporary Activity (Subclass 400) Visa

Australia's Temporary Activity Subclass 400 visa allows for work in a temporary, short-term, highly specialised job. It might be suitable if you have specialised skills, knowledge or experience not generally available in Australia. The Temporary Activity visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 3 months and there is no Skilling Australia Fund payment required.

Note: In special cases a 6-month stay may be allowed if supported by a strong business case.


Training (Subclass 407) Visa

Australia’s Training Subclass 407 visa allows people to take part in workplace-based occupational training activities to improve your skills for their job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia. The Training visa may allow you to stay in Australia for up to 2 years.


Specialist Visa Program (Subclass 408) Visa

Australia’s Special Program Subclass 408 visa allows you stay in Australia to take part in an approved special program. Special programs can include youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community programs, school language assistants or gap year volunteering. The Specialist Program visa has several different streams that all allow for different lengths of stay in Australia.

These streams include:

  • Special Programmes
  • Religious Work
  • Research Activities
  • Invited for Other Social and Cultural Activity
  • Sporting Activities
  • Entertainment Activities
  • Superyacht Crew
  • Exchange Arrangements
  • Australian Government Endorsed Events
  • Domestic Work for Executives

For more details click through on the relevant areas:

Temporary Activity (Subclass 400) Visa

Training (Subclass 407) Visa

Specialist Visa Program (Subclass 408) Visa


Work Visa Lawyers – Your Expert and Experienced employer sponsored visas Migration Firm

The team of Registered Migration Agents at Work Visa Lawyers have had clients from various industries and employment backgrounds. With a keen understanding of the industry we will be able to put forward your application with relevant and effective supporting documents and information.

Based in Adelaide South Australia, Immigration Lawyer and Migration Agent Chris Johnston and his team of Registered Migration Agents provide migration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.

Need to find out more about other Australian visas? Send us an email or message!

Sign up to our Migration Newsletter

Our South Australia Immigration Lawyers

At Work Visa Lawyers we are experienced in assisting applicants in all matters relating to Australian visa applications. Our areas of expertise include Student Visas, Skilled Migration visas, Business visas, Employer-Sponsored visas, Partner, and other Family Migration visas, as well as Migration Review Tribunal, Judicial Review, and Ministerial Intervention. Based in Adelaide South Australia, our Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents provide migration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.

Copyright © 2021  MARA Code of Conduct   Privacy Policy   Disclaimer  Site Map

Contact us on (+61 8) 8351 9956

Office: 230 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville, SA 5031, Australia

Post: PO Box 3057, Hilton Plaza, South Australia, 5033, Australia

ABN: 75 889 635 782

This site's contents are for general information purposes only
We recommend you seek advice from a Registered Migration Agent and Lawyer
(such as Work Visa Lawyers) in relation to your factual situation and relevant migration laws

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Site by Adelaide Websites