** THIS VISA IS NO LONGER OPEN TO NEW APPLICANTS **
As of 30 June 2021, the Australian Government terminated the Premium Investor visa. The current visa of choice for investors is the Investor Visa or the Significant Investor visa. Find out more here:
Who needs this visa?
The Premium Investor visa (PIV) is a relatively new investment visa introduced in 2015. The visa is strictly invite-only, with Austrade being the sole invitation body to nominate suitable investors.
The investment required for the PIV is AUD 15 million in complying investments listed below:
- Australian securities exchange listed assets
- Australian government or semi-government bonds or notes
- Corporate bonds or notes issued by an Australian exchange listed entity (or wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian listed entity) or investment grade rated Australian corporate bonds or notes rated by an AFS licenced debt rating agency
- Australian proprietary limited companies
- Real property in Australia excluding residential property
- Deferred annuities issued by Australian registered life companies
- State or territory government approved philanthropic contribution
With the PIV you will be able to apply for the permanent subclass 888 visa after you have held the complying investments for at least a year.
What are the criteria to apply for this visa?
There are essentially two main criteria for this visa:
- You must be nominated by Austrade
- You must be able to demonstrate net assets of at least AUD 15 million which are legally acquired and able to be transferred to Australia
What is the application process for the Premium Investor visa?
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) on the SkillSelect system
- Receive a nomination from Austrade
- An Invitation to Apply (ITA) is issued when Austrade nominates your application
- Submit a visa application with supporting documents within 60 days of receiving the ITA
- Transfer AUD 15 million into complying investments before your visa is granted
How can Work Visa Lawyers help?
With the amount of investment capital required it is absolutely important that an accurate and detailed pre-application assessment is done before applying. The Registered Migration Agents at Work Visa Lawyers will check and ensure that all requirements are met before advising you to prepare applying for the PIV.
Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.