GTES allows Australian businesses to sponsor highly skilled candidates who do not fit into other programs.
There are two streams within the GTES scheme:
Those using the program so far have primarily been Australian tech businesses, as well as multinationals with branches in Australia. These currently include:
- Australian tech businesses
- Rio Tinto
Similarly for the visa applicant, the health, character and security requirements are the same.
A higher skill test is applied, requiring applicants to have at least 3 years of directly relevant work experience (compared to the 2 years of relevant experience for the TSS 482 visa).
The scheme is not available to visa applicants who have a relationship with officers of the business (directors and shareholders).
Salary requirement for established business stream GTES scheme
The nominated position for the GTES application must be paid at least the Fair Work High Income Threshold. This is currently $148,700, but this amount usually changes each financial year.
GTES scheme startup stream
Startups looking to apply under the GTES to sponsor workers must be a tech or STEM focused startup.
Salary requirement for startup stream GTES scheme
Positions sponsored under the startup stream must be paid at least the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT). This is currently at least $53,900.
How can Work Visa Lawyers help?
Work Visa Lawyers is highly experienced in all parts of the Global Talent visa application process. We are able to assist with all aspects of the application, and can also provide advice in relation to:
- your eligibility for a Global Talent Employer-Sponsored visa
- documents to demonstrate your skills
- labour market testing
Work Visa Lawyers will provide an eligibility assessment before advising you to proceed with a visa application.
Our team of experienced Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.
Book an appointment with one of our experienced Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents here.
- Subclass 858 Global Talent: Di... Visa type: Subclass 858 Global Talent Visa EOI lodgement: 2 March 2021 EOI Invitation: 10 March 2021 Date of visa application: 6 April 2021 Date of visa grant:...
- Global Talent (subclass 858) i... Visa applied for: Distinguished Visa (subclass 858) through the Global Talent Independent Program Date of EOI: 19 May 2020 Date of visa application: 29 Ju...
- 858 Global Talent Independent ... I recently was granted the 858 Global Talent Independent Visa and Work Visa Lawyers, which were crucial to guide me throughout this intricate application. A b...