It is critical that the TSS 482 visa holder and business sponsor adhere to the obligations and conditions of the TSS 482 visa when it is approved. Failure to meet the conditions will result in visa cancellations and/or removal of sponsorship status for the business.
482 business sponsor obligations
To prevent exploitation of overseas workers and to ensure skill shortages are genuinely met the sponsor will need to do the following:
- Cooperate with the Department for checks on compliance
- Ensure employment conditions are fair
- Keep and maintain records of employment for the 482 visa holder
- Ensure that the sponsored 482 visa worker does not perform duties other than what is required for the nominated occupation
- Do not obtain payment from the sponsored worker for the costs of the 482 visa application
- Continue to meet the Training Benchmark requirements
- Pay the travel costs for the sponsored worker to leave Australia when the visa validity expires
- Discrimination recruitment practices (Implemented 19 April 2018)
Do you need help?
Our team of experience Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.