Key terms: SkillSelect – Invitation to Apply – Skilled Independent subclass 189 - Skilled Regional Provisional subclass 489 – Expression of Interest – Points Test
Results for the latest SkillSelect invitation round on 6 December 2017 have been published. Here is a summary of the results:
- 300 Skilled Independent visa invitations were issued
- applications with 75 points or more were invited
- applications submitted 18 October 2017 have been invited
- 5 Skilled Regional Sponsored visa invitations were issued
- applications with 85 points or more were invited
- applications submitted 4 January 2017 were invited
Occupations with pro rata arrangements
Pro rata arrangements and higher points requirements remain for occupation groups which are in high demand. The majority of applications for popular occupations are still stuck with a higher points requirement to receive an invitation. The following occupations are listed for pro rata arrangements:
- Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers
- Electronics Engineers
- Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers
- Other Engineering Professionals
- ICT Business and System Analysts
- Software and Applications Programmers
- Computer Network Professionals
Points required to receive an invitation
Points required for Accountants – 75 points
Points required for Auditors – 75 points
Points required for Electronic Engineers – 75 points
Points required for Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers – 75 points
Points required for Other Engineering Professional – 75 points
Points required for ICT Business and System Analysts – 75 points
Points required for Software and Applications Programmers – 75 points
Points required for Computer Network Professionals – 75 points
This means that if you are an accountant or auditor you will need to have at least 75 points or more to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
If you are looking to obtain more points for your Expression of Interest (EOI) you should read our article on how you can increase the points for your EOI application.
Results for the 20 December invitation round will be available at a later date. The next invitation round is scheduled for 3 January 2018 and we will summarise the results once they are published.
This information is accurate on 2 January2018
Do you need help with an Australian visa application?
At Work Visa Lawyers we are experienced in assisting applicants in all matters relating to Australian visa applications. Our areas of expertise include Skilled Migration visas, Business Skills Migration visas, Employer Sponsored Work Visas, Partner and other Family Migration visas as well as the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) Review, Judicial Review and Ministerial Intervention.
If you require further information regarding your Australia visa options you can contact us through:
(08) 8351 9956 or +61 8 8351 9956