There are 3 application pathways or streams for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187). The 3 streams available are:
1. Temporary Residence Transition stream
This stream is available for Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) holders who:
- have worked for the sponsoring employer for at least 2 years in the same occupation
- can meet vocational English requirements unless you are exempt
- no skills assessment is required
2. Direct Entry stream
This is available for applicants who:
- have never, or only briefly worked in Australia
- hold a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) but do not qualify under the Temporary Residence Transition Stream
- are applying directly from outside Australia
- meet competent English requirements (unless exempted)
- meet the skills requirements
3. Agreement stream
This stream is only applicable if you are being sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labour agreement. The age, skills and English requirements will be stated in the labour agreement.
Do you need help?
Our team of experienced Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.