Results for the latest SkillSelect invitation round on 6 June 2018 have been published. Here is a summary of the results:
- 300 Skilled Independent visa invitations were issued
- applications with 75 points or more were invited
- applications submitted 31 May 2018 have been invited
- 5 Skilled Regional Sponsored visa invitations were issued
- applications with 80 points or more were invited
- applications submitted 8 May 2018 were invited
Occupations with pro rata arrangements
Pro rata arrangements and higher points requirements remain for occupation groups which are in high demand. The majority of applications for popular occupations are still stuck with a higher points requirement to receive an invitation. The following occupations are listed for pro rata arrangements:
- Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers
- Electronics Engineers
- Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers
- Other Engineering Professionals
- ICT Business and System Analysts
- Software and Applications Programmers
- Computer Network Professionals
Points required to receive an invitation
- Points required for Accountants – 80 points
- Points required for Auditors – 80 points
- Points required for Electronic Engineers – 75 points
- Points required for Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers – 75 points
- Points required for Other Engineering Professional – 75 points
- Points required for ICT Business and System Analysts – 75 points
- Points required for Software and Applications Programmers – 75 points
- Points required for Computer Network Professionals – 75 points
This means that if you are an accountant or auditor you will need to have at least 80 points or more to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
If you are looking to obtain more points for your Expression of Interest (EOI) you should read our article on how you can increase the points for your EOI application.
The next invitation round is scheduled for 20 June 2018 and we will summarise the results once they are published.
This information is accurate on 6 July 2018.
Comment from Principal Migration Agent and Lawyer Chris Johnston
The new migration year started on 1 July 2018. This means the Federal Government will be releasing new allocations of positions available for General Skilled Migration. Also, there are new State Nomination allocations from this date. Applicants looking to apply for Subclass 189, 190 and 489 visas should start preparing by getting their skills assessed and English results ready.
Also, with effect from 1 July 2018, the pass mark for the Skill Select points test have been raised from 60 to 65 points. Read more about the increase here.
Do you need help with an Australian visa application?
At Work Visa Lawyers we are experienced in assisting applicants in all matters relating to Australian visa applications. Our areas of expertise include Skilled Migration visas, Business Skills Migration visas, Employer Sponsored Work Visas, Partner and other Family Migration visas as well as the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) Review, Judicial Review and Ministerial Intervention.
If you require further information regarding your Australia visa options you can contact us through:
(08) 8351 9956 or +61 8 8351 9956
若您需要中文翻译与更多详细资料，请联络Work Visa Lawyers文化联系人员进伟 (Sean)。