Immigration SA has released the new State Nomination Occupation List (SNOL) for 2016-17. You can look at the occupations available for nomination here.
A quick glance at the new occupation list shows the following:
- Finance Managers, Accountants (on Supplementary Skilled List) showing high availability for now
- ICT occupations require 70 points to be eligible for state nomination
- Café or Restaurant Manager is only suitable for subclass 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored visa sponsorship
- Customer Service Manager also only available for subclass 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored visa sponsorship
- Registered Nurse shows high availability
- Enrolled Nurse only eligible for subclass 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa sponsorship
- Baker, Pastry Chef, Chef and Cook only eligible for subclass 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa sponsorship
- Marketing Specialist and other generic business professionals listed as High Availability on the Supplementary Skilled List
Work Visa Lawyers will be providing further analysis on the SNOL on a later date.
Comments by Chris Johnston – Principal Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent at Work Visa Lawyers
This list will be a big shock for cooks and hairdressers that were looking to apply straight for PR through the subclass 190.
Immigration SA may only accept a limited number of applicants for each occupation. You are advised to secure your nomination as soon as possible while there is still high availability.
However please be aware of all visa application requirements before submitting your application, and seek help from a Registered Migration Agent if in doubt.
This information is accurate on 4 July 2016
Do you need help with an Australian visa application?
At Work Visa Lawyers we are experienced in assisting applicants in all matters relating to Australian visa applications. Our areas of expertise include Skilled Migration visas, Business Skills Migration visas, Employer Sponsored Work Visas, Partner and other Family Migration visas as well as the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) Review, Judicial Review and Ministerial Intervention.
If you require further information regarding your Australia visa options you can contact us through:
(08) 8351 9956 or +61 8 8351 9956