0:12 TRAVEL BANS AFFECTING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS, PARTNERS AND MORE
As of 20 March 2020, travellers from all countries will be banned from entering Australia.
Exemptions apply to:
- Australian citizens o Australian permanent residents
- New Zealand citizens who are usually resident in Australia
- Immediate family members of Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Immediate family members include dependents, spouses and legal guardians who hold temporary visas.
- People who are allowed entry to Australia are required to self-isolate for 14 days. Penalties apply to non-compliance.
1:47 OPTIONS FOR VISA HOLDERS IN AUSTRALIA WITH AN EXPIRING VISA
- • The Department of Home Affairs have expressed a willingness to grant subclass 500 visitor visas to onshore temporary visa holders with expiring visas
- • A waiver for the 8503 ‘No Further Stay’ condition may be requested
3:04 THE BIG RUSH BACK TO AUSTRALIA
- We predict that a large number of Australian citizens or permanent residents that are living overseas will be keen to return to Australia