Post Covid-19 Economic recovery Event (AGEE stream)
This is a new stream recently introduced by the Australian Government. It is an endorsed event stream for people who are key staff members of businesses in Australia who are supporting in establishing businesses’ operations and as a result are assisting with Australia’s response to the economic impacts of then COVID-19 pandemic.
RequirementsThe requirements to obtain a 408 visa under ‘post Covid-19 economic recovery event’ stream are:
- You are employed full time as a key staff member of an overseas business that:
- Is relocating to Australia, and
- Will assist with Australia’s response to economic effects of the Codiv-19, and
- Will assist with business’s operations in Australia, and
- Application is made between 27 February 2021 and 30 June 2022; and
- have not previously been granted a Subclass 408 visa in relation to the event
Issues applying for the Visa - 408 ‘post Covid-19 economic recovery event’
If you are in Australia and do not hold a substantive visa and have had a recent refusal or cancellation (that is, those affected by section 48 of the Migration Act) will not be able to apply for this visa.
If your current visa is affected by a no further stay condition 8503, 8534 or 8535, you will need to request a waiver of this in order to apply for the 408 COVID-19 pandemic stream.
In order to be eligible for the 408 visa:
- You must satisfy the genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement
- You might be asked to provide evidence that you can financially support yourself and your accompanying family members while in Australia
- You must meet certain health requirements
- You will be responsible for all health requirements as you will not be covered by Australia's national health scheme
- You must meet certain character requirements
- You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted
What is the application process?
Visa applications must be made online.
Applicants and agents can access online services by creating an account in ImmiAccount. Once you have gathered documents that support your application, create an account and apply using our online application system ImmiAccount.
Your application could take longer if you need character or health checks (including x-rays), if you need to provide more information, or if your application is incomplete. If you do not provide the documents requested, your visa application could be refused.
Note: If you plan to get a new passport, you should do so before applying for your visa.
For information on 408 Visa for COVID-19 pandemic AGEE, please view this page on our website: 408 Visa for COVID-19