Immigration SA has released the following information:
“New professions added to the State Nominated Occupation List
From 2 September 2013, the following occupations have been added to the State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL):
• Procurement Manager
• Registered Nurse (Paediatric)
From 2 September 2013, the “Special Conditions Apply” status has been removed for all On-list ICT occupations and there will be a limited number of places available for South Australian State Nomination. The IELTS requirement for all ICT occupations is 6.5 in each band score.
Occupations close to reaching DIAC national ceiling
Six occupation groups are close to reaching the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) national ceiling and DIAC have allocated a limited number of places for State and Territory nomination for the rest of the 2013/14 program year. Once South Australia has reached the state quota in an occupation group listed below, Immigration SA will be unable to nominate any more applicants (including SA international graduates) for the remainder of the 2013/14 program year.
Please view the DIAC website for announcements about these six occupation groups and how it affects prospective applicants for state nominated or independent General Skilled Migrationhttp://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/.
The six occupation groups with a limited number of places available for SA state nomination are:
- 2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers
- 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts
- 2334 Electronics Engineers
- 2633 Telecommunication Engineering Professionals
- 2339 Other Engineering Professionals
- 2613 Software and Applications Programmers
Due to the limited number of places, Immigration SA will prioritise applications who meet all Immigration SA eligibility requirements as follows:
1. Currently employed in a skilled occupation in SA
2. An international Graduate of SA
3. High calibre offshore or onshore applicants (Immigration SA will take into account: DIAC points, qualifications, work experience and English level when assessing an application for these occupation groups).
Please note that for occupations subject to a DIAC occupation ceiling management process, Immigration SA reserves the right to process applicants by merit rather than by date submitted.“
Source: Immigration SA
accurate on the 04 September 2013. Immigration SA will change requirements in an ongoing manner and all current requirements must be established prior to lodging an application.