Sign up to our Migration Newsletter

Please let us know your name.

Please let us know your email address.

(Optional) I am interested in...
Invalid Input

View our recent newsletters

All News

2020/2021 Buget Migration Planning announced- more GTI, Partner and Family & less Skillselect 189 190 489

On 06 October 2020, Australian government has handed down the federal budget 2020 which is to recover the Australian economy.  2020/2021 migration planning level has also been released shortly after the federal budget announcement.

____________________________________________________________________________

Highlights

• Australia’s net Migration remain the same
  • Global Talent Independent Program (GTI) allocations have been tripled
  • Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) allocations have been doubled

_____________________________________________________________________________

Australian Migration Planning Level

In 2020 – 2021, the planning level for visas will remain at 160,000 places.

Global Talent Independent Program (GTI)

GTI

The Australian government will focus on attracting highly skilled professionals to work and live permanently in Australia in this calendar year. The Global Talent Independent program (GTI) has been allocated to 15,000 places for 2020-2021.

If you believe you are eligible to apply for a GTI, take only 5 minutes to complete our free online GTI assessment form. Our lawyers and registered migration agents will assess your eligibility and get back to you soon.

Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP)

Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) has increased to 13,500 places.

In 2019 - 2020, the number of BIIP was 6862.  It has increased by 6638 places in this calendar year, which has been almost doubled in comparison with the allocations in the past year.

Business Innovation and Investment program includes:

Business innovation and Investment Program will also be targeted at Australian venture capitals and emerging small and medium size businesses to support the economic recovery.

Try our free online business visa assessment tool to determine your business visa options:

Family Stream & Partner Stream

The Family stream planning level has been allocated to 77,300 places in which 72,300 places are allocated for partner category which occupies 93.53% of the family stream allocations.

This leaves 5000 places for parent child and other family migration.

General Skilled Migration - 189, 190 and 491

It is disappointing news for those that are looking to do 189, 190 and 491 visas or Employer Sponsored Permanent residency visas.

With increases to GTI, Family and Business, then there will be less places available for 189, 190 and 491 and also for employer sponsored 186.

Australian government will increase places for above three categories Family & Partner stream, Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) & Global Talent Independent Program (GTI). This also means there are Skilled Migration Program will decrease around 30,000 places.

We understand that a drop in GSM numbers will be very disappointing for many, who have gone to the expense and effort to get their English tested and skills assessments done.

Migration planning level 2019/2020 Versus 2020/2021

qwe

Visa Application Charge (VAC)

Certain visa holders who are unable to travel to Australia due to COVID 19 Pandemic, you may be eligible to:

• Refund VAC
  • Waive VAC
  • Extend visa period

Do you need help?

DSC009191

Our team of experienced Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.

Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.

If you require further information regarding your Australia visa options you can contact us through:

(08) 8351 9956 or +61 8 8351 9956 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Comments 14

Guest - pramod on Friday, 09 October 2020 00:09

when the invitations for the GTI program for 2021 will begin.

when the invitations for the GTI program for 2021 will begin.
Chris Johnston on Friday, 09 October 2020 12:36

Our lawyers and Migration agents will review your eligibility criteria.

Thank you for your comment. GTI invitations have never been stopped. If you feel you may be qualified to apply for a GTI, please complete and submit our Free GTI assessment form in the following link: https://www.workvisalawyers.com.au/services/global-talent-distinguished-talent-visas/gti-assessment-form.html Our lawyers and Migration agents will review your eligibility criteria.
Guest - 482-holder on Friday, 09 October 2020 19:59

Any news on updates to the STSOL/MTSOL? Thanks.

Any news on updates to the STSOL/MTSOL? Thanks.
Chris Johnston on Monday, 12 October 2020 10:09

Thank you for your comment.

Thank you for your comment. There has been no changes to the STSOL and MTSOL. There is no current timetable for the Federal Government to make changes. However, the prioritising of the occupations on the PMSOL may effect the timing or level of opportunities for other occupations, both STSOL and MTSOL.
Guest - Bernardo on Saturday, 10 October 2020 12:11

Hello

Hello Could explain to me what is that family stream? I submitted my EOI on 28th Oct and I have my partner with me in this visa. Does that mean that they increased the number of invitations for applicants with partner in the state/territory nominated?
Guest - Mahbubul Akram on Saturday, 17 October 2020 02:50

you mean september, right?

you mean september, right?
Guest - Hanah on Monday, 12 October 2020 00:53

I have a question regarding the GTI program. After we submit the EOI form, if we are not selected for the program shall we receive any email or any kind of confirmation from the government? Thank you
Chris Johnston on Monday, 12 October 2020 10:13

Hi Hanah,
Thank you for your comment.

Hi Hanah, Thank you for your comment. If you are not invited for GTI program after EOI submission, then you receive a refusal letter from the migration department. However, this will not affect your future visa applications.
Guest - Nikhil on Monday, 12 October 2020 17:33

When are states expected to come up with State Occupation Lists for 190 & 491? Will they allow offshore candidates from Non-priority sectors to lodge an EoI?

Guest - Devraj Chalise on Wednesday, 14 October 2020 10:35

I haven't received any response for my EOI application for Global Talent Program lodged 3 months ago? Why are they taking so long to respond?

Guest - Neelima on Thursday, 15 October 2020 17:39

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this article.

Neelima

Hi Chris, Thanks for this article. Just wondering if I could re-submit my invitation for GTI program if I my EOI is rejected once. Is there a waiting period to submit again? Thank you, Neelima
Guest - Mohammad Yassin Ziae on Friday, 16 October 2020 01:33

Sir a Question
So could you please tell me when can i get my visa ?

Sir a Question We are being sponsored by a family member in Australia and we passed our interview and medical test and this COVID situation has started so i never received my and my family visa due to pandemic situation So could you please tell me when can i get my visa ?
Guest - Phil Mcrae on Sunday, 18 October 2020 18:41

What is the situation with applications already submitted and waiting on grants? Submitted 491 SA 332211 in March.

Guest - Vinitha on Tuesday, 20 October 2020 23:21

Hi,

Hi, I have logged my EOI with my partner as dependent for 189 visa. Will my EOI be considered as family stream ?
Already Registered? Login Here
Guest
Wednesday, 28 October 2020

Sign up to our Migration Newsletter

Please let us know your name.

Please let us know your email address.

(Optional) I am interested in...
Invalid Input

View our recent newsletters

Our South Australia Immigration Lawyers

At Work Visa Lawyers we are experienced in assisting applicants in all matters relating to Australian visa applications. Our areas of expertise include Student Visas, Skilled Migration visas, Business visas, Employer-Sponsored visas, Partner, and other Family Migration visas, as well as Migration Review Tribunal, Judicial Review, and Ministerial Intervention. Based in Adelaide South Australia, our Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents provide migration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.