On 16 October 2020, Move to South Australia has announced that South Australia 2020/2021 skilled & Business Migration Program will have further updates in late November 2020. There may be further update in terms of skilled migration with new occupation lists & updated criteria & Business migration with updated criteria. An exact date is not known at the moment.
The Skilled Migration Program
The current Skilled Migration Program will remain in effect. Invitations will keep being issued to Expressions of Interests which are classified as the skills required supporting SA’s economic recovery and public health response to the COVID-19 Pandenmic.
SA State Nomination Interim Requirements for Business and Skilled Migration will continue to apply until late November 2020.
Interim State Nomination Process Model August 2020
- Submit EOI
- Move to South Australia review available EOIs and select who they want to invite
- If your EOI is chosen, you will be invited to submit a state nomination application with Move to South Australia (This must be submitted within 10 business days!)
- If approved by Move to South Australia, you will then receive an invitation through SkillSelect (This may take up to 6 to 8 weeks)
- Lodge skilled visa
SA State Nomination Occupation Lists
There is currently no occupation list for South Australia state nomination.
The Move to South Australia Occupations List will be available from Late-November 2020.
This means South Australia might choose any candidates listed in the 491 visa or 190 visa occupation lists before Late November 2020.
Business Innovation & Investment Program (BIIP)
Business visa applicants can still lodge your interests for Business Innovation & Investment Program (BIIP). Your intention to apply remains eligible for any subsequent rounds. It is not clear when the fututure rounds may take place.
Move to South Australia will be focused on securing high quality operators who can make a large positive contribution to the South Australian economy, industry and employment outcomes.
- Subclass 188 Business Innovation stream
- Subclass 188 Investor stream
- Subclass 188 Significant Investor stream
- Subclass 188 Premium Investor stream
- Subclass 188 Entrepreneur stream
- Subclass 132 Significant Business History stream
- Subclass 132 Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream
This is disappointing news for those who want to do General Skilled Migration & Business Innovation & Investment Program (BIIP) in South Australia.
However, you may be eligible to apply for a Global Talent Independent program:
- If you are a recent PHD or Master graduate with a high GPA (80% +) in the field of technology industry, or
- If you are a High-income individual with AUD 153,600 salary annually;
- and meet the other program requirements.
Why don’t you take 5 minutes try out free online assessment form? Our lawyers and registered migration agents will get back to you soon.
Do you need help?
Our teamof experienced Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.
If you require further information regarding your Australia visa options you can contact us through:
You can also subscribe our Facebook: WORK VISA lawyers