Australian Federal Government has released the following:
"Tourism Ministers nominated eight 'hot spot' locations nationally for the development of regional tourism employment plans to address the labour and skills shortages identified by the National Tourism Labour Force Report (see below).
Relevant Government agencies will work with regions and industry to link existing and prospective programs geared towards improving education, training and employment outcomes as part of this plan.
The rollout of the hot spots commenced in December 2011 across jurisdictions nationally, including:
- Broome, WA (commenced Dec 2011)
- Red Centre, NT (commenced Dec 2011)
- Sydney, NSW (commencing June 2012)
- Regional Victoria (commencing June 2012)
- Tropical North Queensland (commencing Dec 2012)
- Kangaroo Island, SA (commencing Dec 2012)
- Regional Tasmania (commencing June 2013)
- Canberra, ACT (commencing June 2013)"