Key terms: Migration Policy Changes – 1 July Changes – Subclass 189 Skilled Independent – Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa – Subclass 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored visa – Age requirements – English exemptions – MLTSSL – STSOL – Occupation Lists -
There are plenty of changes happening to the Australia migration programme on 1 July 2017. Here is a summary of the major changes affecting the most common visa subclasses.
Age requirements lowered for a number of visas!
The age limits of the following visas have been reduced to below 45 years of age:
At the time of application
- Subclass 186 Employer Nomination Scheme Direct Entry stream
- Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Direct Entry stream
At the time of invitation to apply
- Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated
- Subclass 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored
- Subclass 189 Skilled Independent
Previously it was announced that the lower age requirement was only applicable to the subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa application. The age limit does not apply to applicants for the NZ stream for the subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa.