If you are a recent accounting graduates from Australian Institutes with IELTS 7.0 in each band, no worries. You might be eligible for an Independent subclass 189 visa and not need extra point from Nomination by Territory or State Government.
However, if you only have IELTS 6.0 in each band and had to do 12 months professional year, then you might need extra points from State Nomination.
New South Wales State Government is the only State that accepts Nomination application for subclass 190 and 489 with an occupation of General Accountant and IELTS 6.0 as at 4nd July 2013.
The NSW Government nominates a limited number of skilled applicants annually.
Successful applicants must meet DIAC's basic requirements for the 190 and 489 visa in an occupation that is on NSW's State Migration Plan.
Basic requirements include that the applicant must:
- Be younger than 50 years of age when invited to apply
- General Accountant is listed on NSW State Nomination Plan for 190 and 489 (only limited areas)
- Positive skill assessment from relevant assessing authority
- Have at least competent English (IELTS 6 in each category)
- Score at least 60 on the points test
- - Subclass 190 (including 5 points for State nomination)
- - Subclass 189 (including 10 points for State nomination, only limited areas)
- Meet the health and character requirements.
If you think it is you, we would like to hear from you. Please contact us to 08 7225 5091 for an initial consultation. We are happy to assist you for State Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa or Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa.
This information is accurate on the date of posting, 4 July 2013