The RSMS Direct entry subclass 187 is an Australian permanent residency work visa. The first stage of the RSMS Direct entry process requires applying to the RCB for advice on the suitability of the employer and position.
Immigration SA, the state body that is the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for RSMS in SA, has announced the following:
“Changes to the way employers demonstrate how they have tested the labour market:
- Removal of the peer review process (implemented on 21 June, 2013).
- Reduction in the number of documents applicants are required to upload. Some documents have been replaced with a series of online questions.
- In some instances, the employer will be able to provide the RCB with a statutory declaration to support their application.”
There are also new Exemptions from labour market testing for the following:
- Employers who are approved 457 sponsors, who can demonstrate that the skilled migrant they are nominating has been working for them in the nominated occupation for at least 12 months.
- Occupations listed on a new Regional Certifying Body Occupation List. This list includes occupations such as:
- Construction Project Manager 133111
- Engineering Manager 133211
- Surveyor 232212
- Cartographer 232213
- Other Spatial Specialist 232214
- Chemical Engineer 233111
- Civil Engineer 233211
- Quantity Surveyor 233213
- Structural Engineer 233214
- Electrical Engineer 233311
- Mining Engineer (excluding
- Petroleum) 233611
- Petroleum Engineer 233612
- Geologist 234411
- University Lecturer 242111
- University Tutor 242112
- Construction Estimator 312114
- Metal Machinist (First Class) 323214
- Panelbeater 324111
- Roof Tiler 333311
- Electronic Equipment Trades
- Worker 342313
- Plus a large number of specialist medical positions.
There is a New Employer Document List:
- The new employer document list is much shorter. Here is a link:
For the full list Regional Certifying Body Occupation List.:
Source: Immigration SA
. Immigration SA will change requirements in an ongoing manner and all current requirements must be established prior to lodging an application.