Stage 1 - Nomination Application by an Australian Employer
The second stage of the ENS 186 visa application process is a nomination application submitted by a suitable employer.
The employer will need to:
- Offer a genuine position relevant to the business
- Nominate an occupation on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL)
- Demonstrate that the training requirements have been met
Stage 2 – Visa Application
Visa applicant requirements for the ENS Direct Entry subclass 186 visa – Skills, English and Age
Applicants applying for the ENS Direct Entry visa need to meet English, skills and age requirements.
- English applicants will need to demonstrate Competent English
- Have a current positive skills assessment
- Demonstrate 3 years’ experience in the nominated occupation
- Meet qualification requirements
- Hold appropriate full Australian Registration if required
- For example a General Practitioner (Medical) will need a full, unrestricted licence to practice in Australia. An Electrician will need a full Australian licence
- Be under the age of 50
Some exemptions can apply to age and English criteria in some cases.
Visa applicant requirements for the Temporary Transition Stream for existing 457 visa holders
The key requirements for a 457 visa holder to apply for the ENS 186 via Temporary Transition are:
- the applicant must have held the 457 visa and worked under the same employer for at least 2 out of the last 3 years before applying.There are very limited exceptions for this
- Vocation English must be demonstrated.
Do you need help?
Our team of experienced Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents look forward to assisting you with your Australian visa or appeal.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, we provide Australian Immigration advice to people and businesses from all over the world.